Thursday, April 12, 2012

Goodwill Hunting Roundup

It's that time to show off some of my Goodwill finds with you.

I found this vintage strawberry jar for $1.99.  It is the sweetest addition to my kitchen.


A full set of alphabet metal stamps for $20.  Have you seen those flattened spoons with words like BASIL imprinted on them?  I am already scouring Goodwill for the prefect spoons to do just that using these metal stamps.  *Did you know, Goodwill sells their silverware for .10 cents a piece?


I have been looking for a clutch so when I came across this vintage handbag $2.99, I wasted NO time adding it to my cart.  It does have a spot on the front BUT I have some ideas of what I'll do to cover that up.


I don't think anyone would have known that this was a Crate and Barrel silver frame {there weren't any store stickers or tags} BUT I recognized it immediately because we registered for them for our wedding.  I guarantee our guests who bought these for us paid more than $1.99 like I did. 


Yes, even Riley gets something from time to time.  Riley got a brand new bacon flavored rubber bone for .99 cents {don't worry, it was brand new still in the package}.


I've been wanting to get one of these wooden artist mannequin models for a while and when I saw him on the shelves at Goodwill, even though he was missing his feet, I decided to bring him home with me for $1.99.


I spotted this black and white star burst 5 x 7 area rug for $24.99. I thought it would be perfect for our screened in back porch. I swear, it looked HUGE in the store. Unfortunately, when I got it home and unloaded it, I realized it was way to small for our back deck. *Clothing can be returned to Goodwill within 10 days with tags still attached AND electronics can be returned {as long as your receipt is stamped} but all other sales are final. So, I opted to list this rug on Craigslist and I made my money back and sold it.


So, have you found anything really great, while thrifting, lately?

10 comments:

  1. I really love your Goodwill finds... I like to check out the Goodwill from time to time to see what's in... lately our Goodwill charges I think a fairly high price for some of their stuff... you really have to search for the good find... Can't wait to see what you do with the purse....
    Looks like you had a good time... That's fantastic!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carri. I agree, some days I find incredible deals, other days, things do seem overpriced. Yet...I still find myself going back :)

      Delete
  2. Great finds! I have not been thrifting in a while and I am having withdrawl! I love the strawberry jar. I would love to get my hands on some vintage pyrex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Rebekah, Vintage pyrex seems to be the hot item to find these days.

      Delete
  3. I am so envious and I'm especially freaking out over the metal stamps! Can't wait to see how you put it to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I am so jealous of the stamps! Lucky gal!! See, now that's something I would have elbowed you for:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you made lots of great finds! I really want a set of metal letter stamps - I've seen some really neat projects done with them. Too bad the rug was too small, it's a fun pattern.

    I made a great find online - a vintage 1950s walnut dresser for $199. I want to buy it, but I haven't been able to reach the seller. Fingers crossed that it's still available....

    Thanks for visiting DTTD and signing up to follow :-) Following you back, and I'll be browsing your blog to see what you've been up to in your high heels ;-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love a girl who can come home with some great thrifted finds! Love your stash!

    Chandra
    astylishlittlelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those metal stampers are such a great find! THINK of all that you can make with those. ANd while you are at it - I'd love some of those metal stamped garden markers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are some good finds. love that cannister!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...